Thursday, 20 January 2011

CD Cover Mock Ups

Here are a few of the front cover designs I came up with. I edited the images in Photoshop CS5 and then imported them into Indesign to sort out the layout.



I really like the idea of having a picture of the band mid-performance as the front cover as it reinforces their ability to play live. I went with this idea and came up with 2 covers with the band performing. Having shot in a quite unusual but visually engaging location, benefits the picture. It provides a link to the music video and will help people recognise that the two products are related.
Bellow i will discuss the different devices i used in the covers.


 I cropped the picture so that the trees almost frame the band which subsequently draws your eye to the band. The distance of the band and the fact that they are not looking at the camera makes it seem like you are spying on them. I used white text as it contrasted nicely against the background and made it stand out more.


In this second cover, i decided to play around with the saturation and vibrance of the image. I think what i came up with gives the cover a sort of vintage look and makes it seem more 'indie'. I also used black text  which i think looks good but needs an outline to make it readable.





I went in a different direction with my final cover. I found pictures which had enough room for me to cut out each member of the band. I then applied a glow around the edges of each person and placed them all on a black background. I like the double text in grey and white which goes well with the black background. 






No comments:

Post a Comment