Video Practice
As we have no experience using video cameras or editing using final cut pro, we had a practice shoot where we filmed a 'chase sequence'. The synopsis for our practice video was a girl, who has no money, steals a kit kat from another girl. A chase then ensues and the girl who stole the chocolate ends up trapped at a dead end. Just as you think something bad is going to happen, the thief offers to share the kit kat and the video ends. We shot this around our college, specifically the canteen and outside areas. We experimented with different angles and distance as well as a variety of camera shots. In the editing stage I had a chance to use final cut pro and get used to the programme. To exemplify the panic and urgency of the chase, I used a lot of straight cuts and slowed down the shots at the climax of the video to make it more dramatic. Overall, I feel this exercise has really helped me and given me a deeper understanding of the role of an editor.
No comments:
Post a Comment