Inspiration
During the research stage, we came across two videos that inspired us and helped us come up with a couple of ideas. Both videos are set in a forest and have a dream like quality to them, which are aspects we would like to incorporate in our music video.
Paramore - Decode
Paramore's video has a lot of close ups of the band and their instruments. I also noticed that the camera is always moving which exemplifies the search in the forest and makes the video very dramatic. The use of slow motion in certain parts of the video is very effective and creates a balance with the fast paced song and sped up shots. I really like the use of the trees in the shot and I think that is something we will incorporate into our own music video.
Bonobo - Eyes Down
Bonobo's video is set in the woods and is a very artistic representation of the song. It shows a women dressed in a flowing, colourful dress dancing through a picturesque forest. The whole video is in slow motion which creates a dramatic effect and matches the tempo and tone of the track. There is a specific part in the video at 0:50 where the girl dances towards the camera in slow motion. The sequence is broken up by a series of dissolves which i think creates an interesting effect. This is something I would like to incorporate into our music video.
No comments:
Post a Comment